Friday, March 6, 2009

Stepping into My Calling

As most of you know I am called to teach elementary aged kids. I am in my third year of college and have not gotten too much hands on experience with and kids in the schools yet. Well, I had the privilege of doing a read aloud at Highlands Grove Elementary, to a second grade class (my favorite grade). Earlier that day I was out running some errands and I just started to pray. I needed God to take away the fear I had...I wanted it to seem so natural. I had practiced reading that one little book so many times that I practically memorized it. As the kids were filing in and finding their seats on the reading rug everything in the room became nonexistent to me. The kids were so engaged and interactive with me that I didn't want our reading time to end. I got great reviews from my professor and some other reading teachers. That day really makes me excited with the direction God is taking my life. I can not wait to have a magic story carpet and help develop my very own students imaginations. I could not have left that school with a bigger smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment